Sunday, August 19, 2012

One Year Later

One year ago today, Michael and my life changed for ever. We had spent the weekend with my parents and Jenna and Mitch at the Iowa State Fair. I had a pretty good idea that I might be pregnant, but on the way home Mike and I stopped in Blair at Walgreens and bought a pregnancy test. We got home Sunday afternoon and found out that we were in fact pregnant! Wow- how our lives have changed in a year. More than we could even imaged that day.

Blaise is doing really good. He is the BEST baby! Such a sweet angel, who loves to play now. He has learned to love his bouncy seat, and his car seat. He's even taken a ride in his swing. I love that I can now set him down in his bouncy in the kitchen and actually get stuff done! Usually when I perform my "song and dance" routine when feeding him, he does pretty good.

Tomorrow we have a pediatrician appointment in Fremont. I'm very anxious to see how much weight Blaise has gained since coming home a week ago. On Tuesday, we go back for our first follow up appointment with Dr. Hammel at Children's. We pray this appointment goes well and Dr. Hammel is very pleased with how things are going.

Mike is getting very busy with work, so I have a feeling it's gonna be Blaise and I quite a bit of the time now. He just left today and will be back on Wednesday night.

Thanks for all your prayers. We are feeling much more settled in our new routine.
 Aunt Jenna and Uncle Mitch the morning after their wedding.
 Man it feels GOOD to be home!
 First time in my bouncy seat- it's great!!
 I was 4 months old on the 12 of August!! The same day I came home from the hospital.
 Look!!! No more car bed! I can ride in a regular car seat now!!! WAHOO!
 Must have been partying at night at the hospital. Didn't want to go to bed for mom! A good video
 Looking pretty stylish!
 I'm wearing the Iowa State Fair shirt grandma and grandpa Sudmann got me.
The nurses and Grandma and Grandpa Hartwell had me dressed in my tux onesie that Uncle Mitch bought. I was ready to go as the ring bearer on wedding day!

No comments:

Post a Comment