Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Waiting on Baby

First off, a quick Happy Second Anniversary to Michael! I know God put Michael in my life for an exact purpose and each day I am reminded of that! There is absolutely no way I would have made it through the last 5 months without him! He is definitely my rock.

Now on to baby news! (Or lack there of.) Today was my weekly appointment with the high risk doctors. Dr. Levine was out of the office, so I had a new doctor see me today. The ultrasound tech did all of the standard checks and measurements and determined that Baby H weighs in at 6 pounds 6 ounces. When the doctor came in, he indicated that this is only in the 10%. I honestly don't feel too bad about the size, as many babies are born all the time at this weight. However, for surgery bigger is better so I think everyone would like to see baby be quite a bit bigger. The doctor did not do an exam, so I'm not sure if I am any further dilated. I haven't been having any contractions that I'm aware of, so I'm guessing not much progress has been made. The doctor said he would visit with Dr. Levine when he gets back in a day or two, but thought Dr. Levine would not let me go past my due date because of the baby's small size. Our official due date is either the 14th or 15th, depending on which doctor you ask! So, I guess we will wait and see if we get a call from Dr. Levine to come in later this week for an induction, or wait until our appointment next week. Maybe Baby H will surprise us all and come on it's own before than! Everything else in the ultrasound looked great!

We are both very excited to see the miracle God has sent our way, and are so honored that he has chosen us as it's parents. Our lives have already changed more than we ever thought possible through this process, and our relationship with God has grown more than we could imagine. We are ready to take on whatever plans God has in place for us in the coming weeks, and are ready to shower Baby H with love beyond belief!

You've all been so faithful to us during the past few months. We promise to update as soon as we know anything, and plan on having my sister Jenna post updates if we are unable. Our prayer warriors continue to lift us up, and we are so excited to share God's miracle of Baby H with you all!

Thankful for this week:
1) Continued health of Baby H while "cooking"
2) Making it full term
3) The continued peace God provides us each day

Prayer requests:
1) Easy and stress-free delivery
2) Strength, peace and guidance to handle any tough decisions that we may need to make in the first few days of Baby H's life
3) Chromosome testing to come back negative
4) God to have created Baby H's heart is such a way that the best option for surgery is possible.

1 comment:

  1. Your strength through this entire process continues to amaze me! Hang in there cuz. You and Baby H continue to be in my thoughts and prayers! Thank you for all of the wonderful updates.

    ReplyDelete