What is Blaise doing at two months?
- He takes 3 oz of milk every three hours.
- His SAT levels range around 82 every night.
- He is pushing the 10 pound mark. In fact, he probably would have gotten there today, but didn't want to finish his bottle this morning. He weighs 9 lbs. 14 ounces.
- He sleeps really well at night, and we almost always have to wake him up to eat when he is supposed to.
- He loves car rides and stroller rides and sleeps through both all the time.
- He still has his dark hair, and his eyes go back and forth between blue and hazel. I'm hoping for blue of course!
- He loves laying on the floor under his play mat and "playing"
- He smiles lots now, and will respond to you by smiling!
- He actually enjoys diaper changes now.
- He does tummy time a few times a day
- He can pull his head back when sitting up to burp, but we are still working on neck strength.
Blaise has been doing amazing!! We couldn't be happier with his size or his progress given that he spent the first almost three weeks of his life in the hospital, and underwent heart surgery. We are hoping to be given the go ahead to start elevating him past 30 degrees so that he is able to work more on neck strength. He is doing so great though! The other day I went to brush my teeth quick and left him on the couch and when I came back to check on him, he had rolled over to his stomach!! Obviously this was the first time he had done this, which made mom quite nervous! That's the last time he'll be left for a moment on the couch!
They were able to draw his blood on Monday at Children's. The same nurse came in to do it, and I of course was not at ease with this. Of course after lots of digging and prodding, the nurse who was supposed to be "holding" Blaise's arm was actually the one who successfully got the blood. His levels came back good, so we won't have to have them checked again for another month.